Trump Signs Amended China Investment Ban, Requiring Complete Divestment by Nov. 2021

Trump
FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump answers questions during an interview with Reuters about China, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and other subjects in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., April 29, 2020. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Presented by  etoro

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has signed an amended version of an executive order that bans U.S. investments in alleged Chinese military companies, the White House said on Wednesday.

The changes strengthen the initial order by requiring Americans to completely divest their holdings of securities of the blacklisted companies effective Nov. 11, 2021.

In the initial version of the order released last November, U.S. investors were only restricted from buying those securities by that date. Reuters had previously reported that the change was under consideration.

Presented by  etoro

Reporting by Humeyra Pamuk and Alexandra Alper; Editing by Kim Coghill; Reuters

Total
1
Shares

Leave a Reply

Previous Post
WeWork

WeWork CEO Says Company on Track To Be Profitable by End of Year

Next Post
Santos

Santos Beat Boca 3–0 To Set Up All-Brazilian Final

Related Posts
Markets

A (Markets) Journal of the Plague Year

The coronavirus wasn't even the first thing that spooked the markets this year. The tone was set when an escalation of an oil market turf war between Saudi Arabia and Russia sent oil prices crashing more than 5% on Jan 8.
Read More