Who do you think you are
你以為你是誰
這句話簡單好記,很符合中國人的思維方式。
People ask you who you think you are when you dare to voice your opinion.
當你敢于表達自己的觀點時,人們會問你,你認為自己是誰。
Because you are daring todo/say/practice things that are perceivably bigger than yourself.
因為你敢于做、說、實踐那些你認為比自己更強大的事情。
This can intimidate people, because you're exceeding whatever limits they've set up for you in their minds.
這會讓别人感到害怕,因為你已經超過了他們給你設定的界限。
類似表達:
這兩個可以确定是對的
- Who the hell do you think you are.
- Mind your own business(少管閑事)
下面五個不确定,谷歌上沒搜到,了解一下就好
- What the hell you think you are.
- What do you think you are.
- Who the devil do you think you are?
- You think you are somebody.
- What do you take yourself for?
拓展:英文常用髒話
what’s wrong with you?
你怎麼回事?
Can’t you do anything right?
成事不足,敗事有餘。
You make me sick!
你真讓我惡心!
Get away from me!
離我遠點兒!
Don’t touch me!
别碰我!
Don't you dare! How dare you!
你好大的膽子啊!
You are dead meat。
你死定了。
Put up or shut up。
要麼你就去做,要麼就給我閉嘴。
往期回顧:
英語翻譯Day1:你有你的難處,我有我的苦衷
英語翻譯Day2:機不可失,時不再來
英語翻譯Day3:溫故而知新
,